The Foresters' Hall, standing on High Street in the Pentre was completed and opened as a Cocoa house on 6th September 1879.
It was built from funds raised by public subscription and donations from prominent individuals who had an interest in promoting Temperance. The Bagillt Foresters' club No 841 obtained a mortgage of £800 on the premises. It opened as a joint partnership with The Cocoa House Company; cocoa houses had become established in many large towns and cities in England, the Bagillt cocoa house was the first in Wales.
In 1885 the club went into liquidation, it was subsequently converted into a shop and assembly rooms. The assembly rooms were once used as Billiard rooms and hosted concerts, cinema shows and plays while the shop has been a pawnbroker, general store and finally a Post Office.
This prominent listed building has become increasingly derelict following removal of the Post Office to new premises in 1996. The building is now used as flats, after a businessman saved it in the early twenty first century. It is pictured below in 1991.